PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.fryermiles.com is a site operated by Fryermiles Recruitment Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10501357 and have our registered office at 1210 Parkview, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading RG7 4TY. Our VAT number is 274 8696 44.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 0118 208 0030.
acceptance of these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Other terms which may apply to you
Our Terms of website use www.fryermiles.com/legal also apply to your use of our site.
Changes to the terms of this policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You further agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use www.fryermiles.com/legal.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Fryermiles Recruitment Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Fryermiles Recruitment Limited, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Fryermiles Recruitment Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 10501357 and VAT registered number 274 8696 44. Our registered office is at 1210 Parkview, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading RG7 4TY.
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error, please promptly inform the sender, and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. You must not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Fryermiles Recruitment Limited may monitor incoming and outgoing emails and other telecommunications on our systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such monitoring.
There is an ever increasing risk of cybercrime and we request that our clients remain vigilant as to their exposure. Where there is a need for money to be sent electronically bank details will be obtained by secure means. If you receive any communication purporting to come from us in relation to payment and requesting of details, especially for payment to an alternate account, please contact Fryermiles Recruitment Limited by telephone for confirmation. Fryermiles Recruitment Limited cannot take responsibility for money transferred to the wrong bank account.
Company Name: FryerMiles Recruitment Limited (‘the Company’)
Company Contact details: Leo Miles, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Document : Privacy Notice
Date : May 2018
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
This Privacy Notice supplements other Notices you may receive from us and is not intended to override them. The website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent;
- Where we have a legitimate interest;
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have;
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you; and/or
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
b. Categories of data
Where the data is not being provided directly to the Company by a work seeker, the Company may collect the following personal data on the work seeker from a third party.
- Work-seeker identity (full name, previous name, evidence of change of name);
- Date of birth;
- Marital status;
- Evidence of right to work in UK which may include a photograph;
- Place of birth;
- Driving licence;
- Contact details (including email, home address and phone numbers);
- Job search criteria;
- Bank account and national insurance number (so we can make payments to the work seeker and account for tax if you are working as a temporary worker supplied through the Company;
- Qualifications, skills, experience and expectations;
- Current remunerations and other benefits;
- Educational history;
- Employment history;
- Details of employment or educational referees;
- References; and
- Other information contain on a work seeker’s CV.
- Details of disabilities; and
- Criminal Convictions.
c. Legitimate interest
The Company has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing the database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Contacting the individual to seek your consent where needed;
- Providing work-finding services to the individual, including sending their information to our clients where they have demonstrated an interest in doing that particular type of work but not expressly consented to you passing on their cv;
- Sending direct marketing information, telling you about events and services that we think might be of interest;
- Contacting the individual with information about similar products or services that they have used from you recently; and
- Passing work-seeker’s information to debt collection agencies.
d. Recipient/s of data
The Company may process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients that we introduce or supply individuals to for Accountancy & Finance;
- Candidates’ former or prospective new employers that you obtain or provide references to;
- The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (and any other trade body that we are a member of who may have access to your candidates’ data);
- Third parties carrying out external audits;
- Payroll service providers managing the Company’s payroll;
- Any umbrella companies which we pass candidate data to;
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain (e.g. master/neutral vendors and second tier suppliers);
- The Company’s insurers;
- The Company’s legal advisers;
- Social networks;
- The Company’s IT and CRM providers;
- Any public information sources and third party organisations which the Company uses to carry out suitability checks on work-seekers e.g. Companies House, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL), Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), General Medical Council (GMC), DVLA, credit reference agencies
- Government, law enforcement agencies and other regulators e.g the Police, Home Office, HMRC, Employment Agencies Standards Inspectorate (EASI), Local Authority Designated Officers (LADOs), GLAA,
- Trade unions;
- Any other group companies;
- 3rd parties to whom the Company may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of the Company’s business or assets; and
- Any other organisations an individual asks us to share their data with.
e. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- As a work seeker we will be unable to introduce you to a client.
- As a client (for whom we may need personal data) we may be unable to supply you with work seekers and will be unable to provide direct marketing.
2. Overseas Transfers
The Company will not transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
3. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy as expressed above. Upon expiry of that period the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal and sensitive personal data.
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Jess Fryer, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
5. Automated decision-making
Currently the Company does not use automated decision making technologies to make final or conclusive decisions about you and a member of the Company’s staff will always be involved in the provision of work finding services.
6. Source of the personal data
The Company may source your personal data/ sensitive personal data by the following means:
- Personal data sources will include job boards/social media platforms including as Reed, Totaljobs, CV Library, LinkedIn, GAAPWeb & our corporate website fryermiles.com
- Government Agencies including HM Revenue & Customs, UK Border Agency, Home Office, Police and other law enforcement agencies, regulatory and supervisory authorities, credit reference agencies, the Disclosure and Barring Service, and 3rd parties performing sanctions and terrorism checks.
7. Keeping Personal Information Secure
The Company has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accused in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, the Company will limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to do so.
The Company has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify individuals and the applicable supervisory authority of a breach where the Company is legally required to do so.
8. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Jess Fryer, Director – email@example.com.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
FryerMiles Recruitment Limited, Registered in England & Wales under Company No. 10501357
1210 Parkview, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading RG7 4TY.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.fryermiles.com (our site).
www.fryermiles.com is a site operated by Fryermiles Recruitment Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10501357 and have our registered office at 1210 Parkview, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading RG7 4TY. Our main trading address is FRYER MILES, 1210 Parkview, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading, RG7 4TY. Our VAT number is 274 8696 44.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on 0118 208 0030.
Acceptance of these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy www.fryermiles.com/legal, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
Please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Suspension or withdrawal of our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Use of material onsite
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Limitation of liability
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English Law.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply www.fryermiles.com/legal.
If you are a business user to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technology harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy www.fryermiles.com/legal.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and, subject to compliance with applicable data protection laws, we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party in relation to vacancies posted on our site.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy and you agree to fully indemnify us against any losses, costs, expenses and all other sums we incur or suffer as a result of any violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights by you.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy www.fryermiles.com/legal.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Links to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy www.fryermiles.com/legal.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our trademarks are registered
[“TRADE MARK 1”] and [“TRADE MARK 2”] are [UK registered] trademarks of Fryermiles Recruitment Limited . You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site www.fryermiles.com/legal.